Saturday 4 April 2020

NaPoWritMo - Day 4


Lost


I dream I am a piece of text.

Voyaging a composition, a little perplexed.

I trudge through cautiously - bitter coffee arrives.

It’s wrong.

I call for succour. It doesn’t come.

I wait in a dark room, alone. By myself.

A luminous screen illuminates: the darkness beyond.



Moments later, hang-gliding over clouds of commas,

I’m whizzing, hurling, and flying over fields of natural life.

The air is comforting, peaceful, tranquil.

I float with grace and prestige, rife.

As I float and see,

The prize, a semi colon.

A warm blast of air puffs me along out of sight.



Caught in a current of balmy sky.

I’m sent soaring,

Propelling me, higher. I fly

Gently towards the soft pallid ground.

I settle down, unsure. What just happened?

Buzzing with apprehension and delight.

I almost wallow for a second when it’s over.

Dark, dank bitterness encompasses tight.


No comments:

Post a Comment